The power of a good logo is that it reflects the perfect visual brand mark of your company and also signifies what your brand does and values. How does logo design work: It includes a systematic approach that can help communicate and strengthen the brand identity.
Logical Text + Images (Logical Appeal) = LOGO
How logo designs work?
Logos are primarily a branding aspect which has the power to unconsciously trigger “brand compliant” behavior. But the power of a great logo is that, over a period of time a consistent brand message and symbol leads to customers having more positive association with the business.
- It makes you stand out from the competition: This is probably the most fundamental function and power of a great logo. It helps customers differentiate you from other businesses.
- Identifies key information about the business: While your brand logo does demarcate your business, it also provides customers an idea of what your business is about. It has the power to communicate: service provided, demographic, and even values.
- Brand recognition: A visual impact that reminds customers about you. A good logo helps keep you consistent in customers subconscious. E.g. McDonald’s, Nike, Apple when you think of them you automatically recollect their brand logo.
Why is it important?
- A logo can make a great first impression which looks inviting to customers to interact with your brand
- Like mentioned it can create a brand identity
- It helps people stick to a symbol that people can remember better
- It distinguishes you from your competitors.
- It can help foster brand loyalty.
Important elements of a good logo design:
Color: It is way beyond just the aesthetic appeal. Colors are your core communication. They help audiences understand whether you are playful, cutting edge, stable or serious, or all of it. Logos can be black and white, monochrome or multicolored, whatever your preference.
Typography: Almost all logos usually have some kind of typography element. From a single letter to an abbreviation to a title, the words are placed with some logic.
Imagery: Typography most of the times is accompanied with images, symbols or icons. These can even be abstract geometric elements, but definitely with some emphasis as to what the company is about or values.
Tagline: Situated under a logo, the catchphrase/ tagline is not a necessary accompaniment with the logo but is something to consider if the logo is an abstract interpretation.
What Makes a Logo Stand Out?
Here are some basic logo design ideas and areas one needs to keep in mind before finalizing what you create:
- Audience appropriate: The best ones are not the flashiest ones, but rather ones that resonate with not just what the company offers but also what it can offer to people associated with them.
- Easy to read and interpret: True for logos that are text only but also apply to design. If it takes extra effort for customers to understand what your logo means, your conversions would probably be gone before you know.
- Distinct and memorable: The goal of the logo is to make you stand out, so always keep an eye out to what the other players have. Since logos will be scaled across various media, versatility is important
So now that you know the power of a good logo here are some iconic logos we loved:
Twitter: A simple & easy to understand logo, you can tell it’s a bird and communicates what twitter is all about
McDonald’s: What we love is the color. A simple M made with yellow arches; you can spot this even a mile away. Colors are bright and happy
Amazon: While the smile under Amazon, associates with happy shopping experience. If you notice, it starts from A to Z, implying how they sell almost all product types.
The rightly conceptualized and designed logo can become more than brand identification, but can tell your company’s story, by establishing an emotional connection with your target audience.
If you are on the lookout for a great logo design business concept and a creative logo design company, that can help you get the best out of your brand, get in touch today.
You can also check our work here https://leadsbrandconnect.com/portfolio/