Instagram users have been increasing by the day and with features likes stories and close friends we see the number only rising. A platform that has been predominantly all about visuals, today has become the greatest opportunity to execute ecommerce marketing strategy for brands. Just search shoes and your feed is full of results from top sellers and hashtags.
Instagram allows ecommerce sellers to integrate their product catalogs with their Instagram profiles. Products can be promoted targeting specific users through posts, stories and explore tabs.
With effective targeting you ensure more leads that convert and for any business, shoppable Instagram posts are a great way to visually showcase products and drive in more sales. A visual feed can reflect your brand’s uniqueness and differentiate your business.
What should I do to start mine?
Three things to check your eligibility to open an ecommerce store:
- Your business complies with Instagram’s commerce policies.
- Your business is located in a supported market and sells physical goods.
- Your Instagram account is set up as a business account and is linked to your Facebook business page.
You’ll then have to get your Facebook shopping catalog synced with your Instagram business profile.
Need more reason?
- More than 90% of the information transmitted to the human brain is visual. So clearly visuals are more powerful
- Demographics matter. 18- to 29-year-old are most commonly found on Instagram and are the ones who are more inclined on ecommerce shopping too.
- With 1.1 billion users and counting, you definitely don’t want to miss out.
- Instagram users love interacting with brands by sharing their own content related to the products they love. So, there you go get promoted while you sell.
- With that above number, you also ensure more people see your brand. The more they see the more familiar with your brand they get.
So,how does Instagram work?
Today’s consumer is all about simple routes to favorite products. The earlier ecommerce purchases have only been too complex, relying on redirects from platform to platform and multiple steps.
Instagram addresses this problem of a long and time taking redirecting process – one of the major reasons most shoppers exit the window before reaching checkout.
With fewer steps and an improved UX, the likelihood probability of more customer buying increases.
Instagram allows business to have more satisfied customers, position their products in a real-world setting, improve their customer loyalty and increase sales as a result.
With all these advantages the role of Instagram as a social selling tool is clearly growing.
The new age consumer is no more dependent on just word-of-mouth before buying a product. Only with the right ecommerce marketing strategy can you ensure your customers stay on your platform and make that purchase. Is your business still not on board? Let’s help you out.